Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Laundry Service Shop in Chinatown...


Image courtesy of Salvatore Vuono / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


I was out in chinatown one day. A sign caught my eye. It reads: 

"Hans Olafsen's Laundromat" 

That's a first, a Scandinavian name used in a laundromat service in chinatown. So I decided to visit this laundry service shop. Upon entering, I saw an oriental fellow at the reception desk. I approached him and said, 

"Excuse me, sir. How did this laundry service get it's name?" 

He answered, "Shop named after owner." 

I asked, "Where is Mr. Hans Olafsen?" 

He said, "I'm he. How I help you?" 

So I asked him, "If you don't mind me asking, how did your name become 'Hans Olafsen'?" 

He replied, "Happened when I queued for registration at immigrations office. White man before me asked by immigrations officer, 'Name?' white man said, 'Hans Olafsen.' ...

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

...After processing, he left queue. I next in line and was asked, 'Name?' I said, 'Sem Ting Tu.'"

(And that immigrations officer heard it as "same thing too." Ho boy...) 



:-( -> :-| -> :-)
DL 
-------------------------------------------------------
“Stop worrying about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.”
--Charles M. Schulz



No comments:

Post a Comment