Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Lotto joke


Image courtesy of graur razvan ionut / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Larry wins the lottery and dashes to town to claim his prize. "Give me my $20 million," he tells the man in charge.

"Sorry, but it doesn't work that way," the man says. "You'll get a million today, and then the rest will be spread out over the next 19 years."

Larry is furious. "Look, I want my money..."

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

"...and if you're not going to give me my $20 million right now, then I want my dollar back!"

Reader's Digest [Aust. ed.]; May 2009

(Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy, isn't $1,000,000.00 on the spot and for the next 19 years-- to total $20,000,000.00-- a whole lot bigger than a dollar refund? The one in charge would loooooooooove to collect Larry's $19,999,999.00 after refunding Larry's $1.00. Silly old Larry!) 




:-( -> :-| -> :-)
DL 
-------------------------------------------------------
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, the wisdom to know the difference... and the sense of humor when I don't know the difference."
--Joel Goodman adding to Reinhold Niebuhr



No comments:

Post a Comment