Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Headlines...


Image courtesy of vectorolie / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Hold the presses!

Four of these headlines come from real news stories...

(Editor: ...while I add to the fun. ;-)

* "Couple recalls war years, 63 years of marriage"
(Editor: War years within 63 years of marriage? What motivated them to survive mutual abuse? ;-)

* "Gun who killed officer said to have had mental problems"
(Editor: Now guns need professional help... ;-)

* "Smokers asked to keep butts off beach"
(Editor: Did they mean cigarette ends or rear ends? ;-)

* "Volunteers needed to help abuse victims"
(Editor: It seems they can no longer afford paid workers to beat up victims... ;-)


Source: Reader's Digest [Aust. ed.]; May 2009 
Editor: (me ;-)



:-( -> :-| -> :-)
DL 
-------------------------------------------------------
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, the wisdom to know the difference... and the sense of humor when I don't know the difference."
--Joel Goodman adding to Reinhold Niebuhr



No comments:

Post a Comment