Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mark 17


Image courtesy of Arvind Balaraman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


It happened one day at church. Before the end of the Sunday Mass, the priest said, "I have a special sermon next week. It would help if all of you read your Bible, the Gospel of Mark chapter 17."

A week has passed. At sermon time, the priest said, "Before I begin my sermon, I would like to see a raise of hands of those who read Mark 17." A majority of the parishioners raised their hands...

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

With a smile, the priest said, "If you have read your Bible, you will see that Mark only has 16 chapters. Now I begin the sermon about the sin of lying." 





(Whoops!) 


:-( -> :-| -> :-)
DL 
-------------------------------------------------------
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, the wisdom to know the difference... and the sense of humor when I don't know the difference."
--Joel Goodman adding to Reinhold Niebuhr



No comments:

Post a Comment